Steps on how to write a good ielts Task 2 Essay
Over the years, IELTS test takers have ponder on the best steps on how to write a good ielts essay which is the second or task two of the IELTS writing Task in general. The IELTS Writing task 2 is the last task to be taken not just in the writing task but in the entire test. It is important to take note that at this junction most test takers have exacerbated some tangible energy in their test and so at this point might be mental tired to a reasonable extent.
Therefor it is highly recommended that the test taker follows the lay down steps on how to write a good IELTS Task 2 writing in other to obtain a good score in the writing task.
It is imperative to understand that in ielts writing task two, you will be expected to write not less than 250 words in response to a prompt within 40 minutes. A good understanding of the IELTS writing task 2 prompts or question types will empower you to come up with a great writing. In this writing, you will be detailed explicitly all you need to know about the IELTS writing task two / 2 prompts or question types. The ielts writing task two is 70 marks of the 100 marks of the complete writing module, leaving task one with 30 marks.
# Basic things to consider before writing the ielts writing task 2
There vital points you must take note of in other to doctor a good ielts essay writing task 2 and they include the followings;
- Proper Paragraphing: Paragraphs are the essential tools for framing your writing. It is non-negotiable that each idea must be contained in a paragraph. Practically, you must avoid spreading one idea into two or more paragraphs. A well-paragraphed essay is necessary for obtaining a high band score in the ielts writing task two.
- Content Exploration: In the ielts writing test, you should understand that you are to communicate information in writing engaging Standard English writing styles. A well planned, explained and illustrated write-up is a sure bet for a great score in the ielts writing task two. Content here connotes your ability to answer the question posed with valid, meaningful and logically sound information. Better put, the content of your writing is seen to have observed all the conventional writing standard like punctuation marks, proper sentence (s) formation, use of related words, correct tenses and irrefutably your ability to do this through out the writing of your ielts writing task 2.
- Answering the Question Posed: This seeming easiest aspect of the ielts writing task is mostly not given the attention it deserves by ielts test takers. Unfortunately, in my years of providing best prep services to people, I have found several people missing it here. Understand therefore, that whenever you are caught given wrong response to the question posed, its interpreted to mean you do not understand the question. Your ability to answer the question correctly is what validate your understanding your understanding of the question. So, you are expected to convince the examiner your understanding of the question posed by simply providing the right answer. The degree to which you are able to do this affects your final mark greatly.
IELTS Writing Task 2 Question Types or Prompts
If you intend to deliver a good essay in your IELTS writing task two then you should take note of the following question types;
# Opinion Essay Question Type
In this kind of IELTS writing Task 2 question type, you will be presented with a scenario with an ending prompt asking you;
- If you agree or disagree: Here you are to choose one side and write on it, don’t write on both sides. So, if you agree then say so and write only on “agree” etc.
- To what extent do you agree. This is probing you to know if you entirely/completely agree or disagree or if you agree or disagree to a reasonable extent. If you agree completely then write on only agree, but if you agree to a reasonable extent the you will be expected to write on both “agree or disagree”.
In discussion essay, you will be faced with a scenario of two different views and the prompt will ask you to write on both views and give your opinion. Kindly take note that in the discussion essay, you are given the points to write on, which are the two vies and your own opinion making it a total of three (3) points.