IELTS Speaking Topics for 2023 with a guide on how to Answer them
The IELTS speaking test is divided into three parts; part one is an introduction and general questions, in this section the examiner will introduce him/herself, ask you about your name then look at your ID card (International Passport) to confirm your Identity. Thereafter, the examiner will ask you about three-five general questions, these questions will be on familiar topics. In the part two (Part two is called Long Turn) of the IELTS Speaking test, the examiner will give you a task /que card containing a topic question and some bullets point. The examiner will then give you a scratch paper, a pen and 1 minute to prepare your response before allowing you to speaking for 1-2 minutes alone and without interruptions. Lastly, the part three is called Analytical Discussion. In this last section of the IELTS Speaking test you will have to speak on abstract topics, topics that are non-personal but complex. It will take the form of a “question-answer” session with the examiner asking you questions and you answering them.
IELTS SPEAKING PART ONE TOPICS
Below are some IELTS Speaking Part One topics, kindly practice with them and send your responses in a voice note to this WhatsApp Number; +2349037672796
In this part, I am going to ask you some questions about accommodation;
- Do you live in house or a flat?
- What you like and do not like about living there?
- Do you plan to live there for a long time?
- Do you live there alone or with someone?
- How Long have you live there?
- Do the place you live in have many amenities?
In this session, I am going to ask you some questions about advertisement, hope you are ready?
- Will you buy something because of advertisement?
- Do you appreciate watching advertisement on TV?
- Between funny and serious advertisement, which would you prefer?
- How do you feel when you see some pop-up ads on the internet especially when you are doing something serious?
In this section, I am going to ask you some questions about your Home
- Do you live alone or you live with your family?
- Where is your home?
- Are there many rooms in your home?
- Do you plan to live there in the future?
- What facilities are close to your home?
- Do most people live in houses in your home country?
IELTS Speaking Part Two Topics and Questions
Below are some topic of the IELTS Speaking Part two questions.